Pecan Cheesecake Pie
Adapted from Southern Living1/2 package refrigerated pie crust
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs, divided
3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup light corn syrup
1. Fit piecrust into a 9 inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into piecrust and sprinkle evenly with the pecans.
3. Whisk together light corn syrup and remaining 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla; pour mixture over pecans. Place pie on a baking sheet
4. Bake at 350 degrees on lowest rack 50 to 55 minutes until pie is set. Cool on wire rack one hour or until completely cool. Serve immediately, or cover and cool up to 2 days (although ours lasted a week and we were fine!)
Things I learned:
- don't freak out when the pecans start to float when you pour the corn syrup mixture over them...apparently that is normal
- life is so much easier with an electric mixer...I love my Kitchen Aid